- FuelCell Energy Expands Project PortfolioDecember 22, 2016On December 13, 2016-FuelCell Energy announced the acquisition of an operating megawatt-class fuel cell project that generates in excess of 11 million kilowatt hours annually. The installation has been operating for approximately five years with the owner selling power and steam to Central Connecticut State University under a multi-year power purchase agreement. FuelCell Energy captures recurring and predictable monthly electricity sales by acquiring the project.
- Proton Onsite Awarded 13 Megawatt ElectrolyzersDecember 22, 2016
On December 3, 2016 in Shanghai, China, Proton OnSite signed a contract with Guandong Synergy Hydrogen Power Technology Co., Ltd. to provide megawatt-scale Proton Exchange Membrane electrolyzers for the deployment of fuel cell-powered buses in the cities of Foshan and Yunfu, China. Three of the megawatt systems will ship this summer, and an additional ten systems are planned to ship over the next 18 months, with the opportunity for significant recurring systems to follow.
- NEESC Presents at the 1st International Forum on Hydrogen EnergyDecember 1, 2016
On December 1, 2016, NEESC provided a virtual presentation at the 1st International Forum on Hydrogen Energy in Chungcheongnam-do Province in the Republic of Korea. NEESC shared information about the vision and strategies for supporting hydrogen and fuel cell development.
CLICK HERE to watch the Video
- PCI New Technology for Converting Solar Energy to Fuel Wins DOE SBIR Phase I GrantJuly 11, 2016
June 30,2016 Precision Combustion, Inc. (PCI) announced today that it has won a competitive Department of Energy (DOE) SBIR Phase I grant to develop a new material and technology for using solar energy to make fuel.
- Exxon Mobil Backs FuelCell Effort to Advance Carbon Capture TechnologyJuly 6, 2016
May 5, 2016 For years, FuelCell Energy has been considered a company to watch. Its technology promised to help economically reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants. In an agreement announced late April, Exxon Mobil said it had tightened an existing relationship with FuelCell in hopes of taking the technology from the lab to the market. The goal is to take carbon dioxide, after it is removed from exhaust steam, and to lock it away by pumping it into the ground or use it in industrial applications.
- Legrand Unveils 500kW Fuel CellJuly 6, 2016
April 21, 2016 West Hartford manufacturer Legrand North America this week unveiled a 500-kilowatt Bloom Energy fuel cell that it says will power as much as 88 percent of its headquarters and manufacturing campus. The fuel cell is expected to lower the facility’s carbon emissions by as much as half and save Legrand up to $2.4 million over the next decade.