- Trinity College to Install Fuel Cell Power Plant, Save 30% in Energy, Prep for Future Micro-gridAugust 7, 2017
Trinity College in Hartford, CT, is the latest institute of higher learning to ensure a steady and reliable source of power while saving on energy costs and reducing CO2. The college expects to save about 30 percent in energy costs per year with the installation of a 1.4 megawatt fuel cell power plant from FuelCell Energy. The combined heat and power (CHP) fuel cell plant will be located on campus and will generate a continuous supply of on-site electricity and steam.
- Doosan Corporation Completes Construction of Korea’s Largest Fuel Cell Production FacilityAugust 7, 2017
On May 23, Doosan Corporation celebrated the completion of the construction of its new 10,744-square-meter fuel cell production facility at the second General Industrial Complex, Iksan-si, North Jeolla Province. The company invested about 40 billion won ($36 million) in building the facility. A fuel cell is an electrochemical device that converts hydrogen and oxygen into electricity and heat through a chemical reaction. Fuel cells are regarded as environmentally-friendly devices with high energy density resulting from their compact size, and high capacity utilization rates.
- Nel acquires Proton OnSite to create world’s largest electrolyser companyAugust 7, 2017
The Norway-based business entered into a non-binding term sheet to acquire the US-based hydrogen technology company. The acquisition is described as as “strong strategic fit”, with synergies related to sales and commercialization, product portfolio, research and development (R&D) and best practices across the combined company.
- FuelCell Energy Expands Project PortfolioDecember 22, 2016On December 13, 2016-FuelCell Energy announced the acquisition of an operating megawatt-class fuel cell project that generates in excess of 11 million kilowatt hours annually. The installation has been operating for approximately five years with the owner selling power and steam to Central Connecticut State University under a multi-year power purchase agreement. FuelCell Energy captures recurring and predictable monthly electricity sales by acquiring the project.
- Proton Onsite Awarded 13 Megawatt ElectrolyzersDecember 22, 2016
On December 3, 2016 in Shanghai, China, Proton OnSite signed a contract with Guandong Synergy Hydrogen Power Technology Co., Ltd. to provide megawatt-scale Proton Exchange Membrane electrolyzers for the deployment of fuel cell-powered buses in the cities of Foshan and Yunfu, China. Three of the megawatt systems will ship this summer, and an additional ten systems are planned to ship over the next 18 months, with the opportunity for significant recurring systems to follow.
- NEESC Presents at the 1st International Forum on Hydrogen EnergyDecember 1, 2016
On December 1, 2016, NEESC provided a virtual presentation at the 1st International Forum on Hydrogen Energy in Chungcheongnam-do Province in the Republic of Korea. NEESC shared information about the vision and strategies for supporting hydrogen and fuel cell development.
CLICK HERE to watch the Video